Want to help your friends learn GIMP?
How-to-GIMP.com has a new E-Book called “Before and After” for those wanting to improve their photographs with GIMP.
But, the book can’t help your friends and readers if they don’t know about it. To help spread the word about the E-book, I’m offering a 50% commission to those who recommend, and otherwise promote Before And After. I use a system called E-Junkie to track sales generated from your recommendations and promotions.
Here’s How E-Junkie Works
- First, you’ll need to sign up as an E-junkie affiliate. Don’t worry, it’s completely free. You’ll also need a PayPal account, so I can pay you every month for any sales you generate.
- Once you’re signed up as an E-junkie affiliate, you can become a How-to-GIMP affiliate by following this link.
- Then, follow these instructions to get your affiliate link for the E-book Package, “Before and After”. The instructions are actually for ProBlogger.net’s affiliate program, but it’s basically the same process to get How-to-GIMP.com’s affiliate links. (Incidentally, if you’re looking for high quality advice to make your Blog better, ProBlogger.net is THE place to be.)
- You’ll use your affiliate link anywhere you like on your own website to send readers back to How-to-GIMP.com’s GIMP E-book information page. If your readers purchase the book, you get 50% of the sale price.
- The link can be used with an image, or as a text link, or both. The more often you recommend, or mention the book, the more likely your readers are to buy it, and the more money you make. (Of course, I don’t want you to annoy anyone!)
- Official “Before and After” ad images are available below, but you can create your own if you wish.
- If you decide to use your affiliate links with text anchors, there are some key words you might consider using in your anchor text:
- How to GIMP
- GIMP book
- GIMP help
- GIMP tutorials
- GIMP videos
If it makes sense to use these anchors in the context of your recommendation, review, or blog posts, feel free to use them. But, it’s not necessary. The best anchor text will make sense in context, and will entice your readers to click the link. So really, you can use any anchors you like.
- At the end of each month, you’ll get payed via paypal. 50% of every sale generated through one of your affiliate links goes directly to you. So, make sure you’re using your affiliate links! Otherwise, there’s no way for E-Junkie to track sales that come from you.
About the Book Package
GIMP is the perfect image editing and graphic design tool for small businesses, web entrepreneurs, artists, moms, college students… Anyone who needs a professional program for graphic design and image editing, without the high cost of Photoshop. It’s powerful, it’s flexible, and best of all, it’s free!
But, it can be hard to get over GIMP’s learning curve. That’s why I wrote Before and After.
Before and After: A beginner’s guide to free photo editing in GIMP
Before and After explains GIMP from the very beginning and has tons of supplemental materials to make learning fast and easy.
It’s not just a dictionary of GIMP terms and techniques. It’s more like a GIMP adventure. Each chapter builds on the last. As you follow along, your skills grow. Each chapter describes new techniques, and there are tons of in demand tutorials. 30+ practice images are included with the book. Everyone can follow along, even if they don’t have a library of pictures on their hard drive.
Lots of Extras, Lots of Ways to Learn
The more ways you rehearse a technique, the more likely you are to actually learn it. Before and After lets you rehearse each technique in at least three ways:
- First, you read about a technique or tool with easy to follow, clearly written instructions.
- Then, use the sample images to try it out on your own.
- A growing library of exclusive video tutorials complement the book. So after you read a tutorial and try it out, you can watch it in action.
Build a Solid Foundation
Before and After gives you the background you need to use other GIMP resources. Free GIMP tutorials are great, and many Photoshop tutorials can be easily adapted for GIMP. But, you have to know your GIMP basics to make use of these resources.
Don’t know your way around the interface? Don’t understand common GIMP terminology? Getting really confused with the whole Layers thing? You’ll get frustrated with online GIMP tutorials, fast.
Ever picked up one of those 500 page, $50 GIMP books in the bookstore? A beginner with a book like that will be overwhelmed with technical jargon, unnecessary details, and every last tool and setting. Some of these books aren’t even in color!
Before and After is a completely different animal. The goal isn’t to teach every last detail of GIMP. Instead, beginners get a good, easy to understand explanation of GIMP basics. They’ll learn:
- The GIMP interface
- How to open, and create images
- How to adjust brightness, contrast, and color in a few different ways
- How to use selections to reign in effects, and cut/copy/paste parts of images
- How to use filters to add cool effects to images, including how to use the amazing iWarp filter
- How to add text to images
- What Layers are, and how to work with them
- What Layer Masks are, and how to use them
Want to check out the ebook’s Table of Contents? Go ahead, click this button:
Your readers will thank you.
The ebook, and all of the extras only cost $12 US. No kidding. I know, I could easily charge a lot more for this package. But, it seems crazy to charge an arm and a leg for a book that teaches how to use a free program. Especially when there are hundreds of thousands of people downloading GIMP every week. So, we’ve kept the price low to make your customers happy.
You’ll be happy with a healthy 50% commission on every book sold.